Stronger Marriage

Obtaining a Marriage License

Marriage licenses can be obtained at the county offices from the clerk/auditor of that county. Click HERE for the address and phone number of the county clerk for your county or HERE for links to county websites. 

If you are 18 years of age or older... you will need to appear at the clerk's office with your fiancé and a form of I.D. for each individual (Driver's license, Military I.D., Passport, State I.D. Card, Birth Certificate).

If you are 16 to 17 years old... you will also need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (If parents are divorced, they will need to provide court papers as proof of guardianship).

If you are 15 years old... you and a legal guardian must submit a Petition for Authorization to Marry and a Court Order form must be obtained from the Clerk/Auditors office of the county and taken to a juvenile court judge who must authorize the marriage (individuals under age 15 are not able to obtain a marriage license in the state of Utah).

Information you will need to bring with you:

* Full names, including the maiden name of the female
* Social Security numbers
* Permanent addresses
* Date and place of birth (town or city, county, state or country)
* Complete names of parents, including the maiden name of the mother
* Birthplaces of father and mother (state or country)
* If this is a 2nd, 3rd, etc marriage due to divorce, a date when the divorce was final must be provided on the application. If the divorce was final less than 6 months prior, you must provide court documents proving the divorce is final
* The marriage license fee varies between counties and will cost up to $50. The license will be valid for thirty days and can be used anywhere in the state of Utah during that time by someone with the legal right to perform marriages.

Quick Poll

Do you find the website helpful?


Receive up to date information on new articles and marriage information!

USU Statement